4TheFamily.us Terms and Conditions of Use
4TheFamily.us is a site for the friendly discussion, discovery, and information about polygamy/polygyny. We welcome all seekers of knowledge to engage in mature conversation/dialog.
To participate in our online forums and chats, you must agree to abide by our rules and policies. We encourage active debate and free speech, but remember you are our guest here. Civil and ethical conduct is required. To this end, you agree that, if asked you will yield to the requests of the forum moderators and/or administrators. By entering and submitting the security code at registration, you have agreed to follow our policies.
- No Flame Wars. Keep it civil, please.
- Keep the language civil. No profanity.
- Please post to the correct forum, for a reason and on topic. Do not cross post to multiple forums.
- Be respectful of other beliefs, ideas, and your fellow members.
- No Advertising
- If you have a problem with another member, contact a moderator to handle it.
- Take the time to explore this document now and then as a refresher.
The "basic rule" is in effect for discussions on 4TheFamily.us:
Treat others as you would wish to be treated. We ask that you be professional and polite to one other and respect our intention to have a site for the friendly discussion of polygamy/polygyny. We do not wish to censor or control your opinions, but we will ensure that the policies of the board are respected. We reserve the right to delete, edit, or move/merge posts at our discretion. (Note in particular that we have restrictions on advertising and how many times you may post the same message.) If you have any questions regarding such an action, or wish to point out a violation of the letter or spirit of our policies, we ask that you please notify a moderator or administrator.
A member who is rude, excessively negative, or disruptive may receive a warning or may be suspended or banned immediately. Member suspension and banning is done at the discretion of the administration team. Any abuse directed at our all-volunteer moderation/administration team, including defying the moderators/administrators decision to suspend or ban a member, may result in an immediate suspension or ban. Membership on 4TheFamily.us is a privilege, not a right.
4TheFamily.us cannot and does not attempt to verify the accuracy of information posted by its members. All posts reflect the opinion of the poster. Moderators and administrators are posting their own personal opinions unless their post is signed "-Mod(erator)" or "-Admin(istrator)". Enjoy 4TheFamily.us! Your respect for our rules, and the valuable content and opinions you provide, will help keep it that way.
We may at any time revise these terms and conditions without notice. Please check regularly.
Continued use of 4TheFamily.us after a change has been made is your acceptance of the change.
==============More specific policies, terms of usage, etc===============
- One account per member
- Keep your account information private (password).
- Purposefully violating the security of the forum or allowing someone else to use your account may result in suspension or ban.
- No minors (under age 18)
- All accounts are subject to the discretion of the 4thefamily.us management for approval or denial.
- No blatant advertising. Organization Logos are ok.
- No Nudity
- No provocative (ie suggestive) images
- No insulting, demeaning, or insensitive images.
- No profanity
- Must be under 10kb in file size.
Image Posting Policy:
- If it is of a particularly sensitive nature, it must be -clearly- labeled as such, and -only- posted as a clickable link.
- No nudity, or suggestive images in either format. Must be kid safe. No Pornographic Material. Any sexually oriented imagery or links to such content will not be tolerated.
If you have an issue with a forum member, please either e-mail or PM a moderator/administrator so that we may take care of the problem.
Fair Use Provision:
Under Fair Use provisions you can legally post a small abstract of an article - or perhaps the opening paragraph. So if you want to post an article you should do this and include a link, or just post the link. The exception to this rule is press releases; press releases are meant for distribution and can be copied and distributed as much as you want. If you are not sure if you can copy something then always err on the side of caution and simply post a link to the material.
Each 4TheFamily.us Membership comes with the ability to display a signature. This signature can be used to promote your site, business, or other ventures.
Your Signature must follow these guidelines:
- Signature size is limited to 6 lines of 65 characters.
- A blank line counts as a line.
- You can put in links that lead to your site(s) or a product page.
- You can't run sales ads in your signature.
- You may mention your company, and contact information.
- You can have a slogan. i.e. "Best place to train in the UK"
- No scams or unenforceable offers i.e. "Earn $10,000 a month selling suntan lotion to dolphins".
- Pre-approved BBcode is acceptable.
- Signatures may contain an image, however, the Maximum size of the image can not exceed 350 pixels wide, by 60 pixels high. Maximum file size is 20kb.
- Signatures are subject to all other content restrictions.
- Signatures must be setup in your profile and not manually added to your messages.
- All signatures must be appropriate for this Forum and are subject to review by the 4TheFamily.us Moderation Team.
Cross posting is allowed in a limited manner. The same or similar message my be posted in no more than 3 forums. If you feel that your post needs to reach the entire forum community, please contact an administrator and we will add a forum wide announcement, at our discretion, for you. Excessive cross posts will be removed.
Administrators and/or Moderators may occasionally send you e-mail notices regarding matters which they deem to be important.
Generally speaking, Administrators and Moderators endeavor to provide fair warning regarding behavior which might warrant their intervention. Failure to heed warnings from the moderators and/or administrators is grounds for suspension of posting privileges. Except in the case of malicious behavior such as spamming or flooding which requires an immediate response, the decision to disable an account requires the agreement of at least two Administrators, to ensure objectivity.
You agree that if any of these rules are abused, the offending message may be removed without prior notice, and if you repeatedly violate any of these rules or otherwise seek to disrupt the board then the administrators can disable your account at their discretion. You also agree that this is private property and you are our guest, and that 4TheFamily.us reserves the right to delete any message and/or suspend any account.
You recognize the real-time nature of this site: 4TheFamily.us cannot always monitor the contents of posted messages, and we depend upon you to inform us when participants or their messages are violating our policy as stated here. You also recognize that we cannot respond immediately to such notices and that some time may pass before any warranted action is taken.
You recognize that 4TheFamily.us does not vouch for or warrant the accuracy of any information posted here, and that any message expresses the views of its author, not necessarily the views of this site or any entity associated with this site.
As a Discussion Board/Chat Room User ("User"), you are responsible for your own communications and are responsible for the consequences of posting those communications.
4TheFamily.us ("Agent" or "Company") does not represent or guarantee the truthfulness, accuracy, or reliability of any of material posted by Discussion Board/Chat Room Users or endorse any opinions expressed by Users. User acknowledges that any reliance on material posted by other Users will be at Users own risk.
Agent does not screen communications in advance and is not responsible for screening or monitoring material posted by Users. If notified by a User of communications which allegedly do not conform to this Discussion Board/Chat Room Agreement, Agent may investigate the allegation and determine in good faith and its sole discretion whether to remove or request the removal of the communication. Agent has no liability or responsibility to Users for performance or nonperformance of such activities.
Agent reserves the right to expel Users and prevent their further access to the Discussion Board/Chat Room for violating the Discussion Board/Chat Room Agreement or the law and the right to remove communications which are abusive, illegal, or disruptive.
An ad is defined as "a service or product being offered for trade or sale". It does not include events or seminars. Advertising is forbidden unless otherwise noted. You will not advertise or solicit other members to buy, sell or peruse any products or services through this site.
Links to external websites
Links contained in 4TheFamily.us will lead to other websites which are not under our control. We are not responsible for the content of any linked site. Listing and linking should not be taken as an endorsement of any kind and we accept no liability in respect of the content. We cannot guarantee that these links will work all of the time and have no control over the availability of the linked pages.
Hate speech is not allowed. Posts that contain material that is racist, sexist, homophobic, bigoted, or otherwise offensive, are not allowed. While discussion of certain social and political issues may require the use of sensitive or potentially offensive terms, outside of those limited contexts the use of such terms is not allowed on this board.
The following is a partial list of the kind of Content that is illegal or prohibited to post on or through the Services. 4thefamily.us reserves the right to investigate and take appropriate legal action against anyone who, in 4thefamily.us's sole discretion, violates this provision, including without limitation, removing the offending communication from the Services and terminating the Membership of such violators. Prohibited Content includes, but is not limited to Content that, in the sole discretion of 4thefamily.us:
- is patently offensive and promotes racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual;
- harasses or advocates harassment of another person;
- exploits people in a sexual or violent manner;
- contains nudity, violence, or offensive subject matter;
- solicits personal information from anyone under 18;
- provides any telephone numbers, street addresses, last names, URLs or email addresses;
- promotes information that you know is false or misleading or promotes illegal activities or conduct that is abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory or libelous;
- promotes an illegal or unauthorized copy of another person's copyrighted work, such as providing pirated computer programs or links to them, providing information to circumvent manufacture-installed copy-protect devices, or providing pirated music or links to pirated music files;
- involves the transmission of "junk mail," "chain letters," or unsolicited mass mailing, instant messaging, "spimming," or "spamming";
- contains restricted or password only access pages or hidden pages or images (those not linked to or from another accessible page);
- furthers or promotes any criminal activity or enterprise or provides instructional information about illegal activities including, but not limited to making or buying illegal weapons, violating someone's privacy, or providing or creating computer viruses;
- solicits passwords or personal identifying information for commercial or unlawful purposes from other Users;
- involves commercial activities and/or sales without our prior written consent such as contests, sweepstakes, barter, advertising, or pyramid schemes;
- includes a photograph of another person that you have posted without that person's consent
The following is a partial list of the kind of activity that is illegal or prohibited on the Website and through your use of the Services. 4thefamily.us reserves the right to investigate and take appropriate legal action against anyone who, in 4thefamily.us's sole discretion, violates this provision, including without limitation, reporting you to law enforcement authorities. Prohibited activity includes, but is not limited to:
- criminal or tortious activity, including child pornography, fraud, trafficking in obscene material, drug dealing, gambling, harassment, stalking, spamming, spimming, sending of viruses or other harmful files, copyright infringement, patent infringement, or theft of trade secrets;
- advertising to, or solicitation of, any Member to buy or sell any products or services through the Services. You may not transmit any chain letters or junk email to other Members. It is also a violation of these rules to use any information obtained from the Services in order to contact, advertise to, solicit, or sell to any Member without their prior explicit consent. In order to protect our Members from such advertising or solicitation, 4thefamily.us reserves the right to restrict the number of emails which a Member may send to other Members in any 24-hour period to a number which 4thefamily.us deems appropriate in its sole discretion. If you breach this Agreement and send unsolicited bulk email, instant messages or other unsolicited communications of any kind through the Services, you acknowledge that you will have caused substantial harm to 4thefamily.us, but that the amount of such harm would be extremely difficult to ascertain. As a reasonable estimation of such harm, you agree to pay 4thefamily.us $50 for each such unsolicited email or other unsolicited communication you send through the Services;
- covering or obscuring the banner advertisements on your personal profile page, or any 4thefamily.us page via HTML/CSS or any other means;
- any automated use of the system, such as using scripts to add friends;
- interfering with, disrupting, or creating an undue burden on the Services or the networks or services connected to the Services;
- attempting to impersonate another Member or person;
- using the account, username, or password of another Member at any time or disclosing your password to any third party or permitting any third party to access your account;
- selling or otherwise transferring your profile;
- using any information obtained from the Services in order to harass, abuse, or harm another person; or
- using the Services in a manner inconsistent with any and all applicable laws and regulations.
4thefamily.us reserves the right to update this agreement as needed.